Share pictures of your projects

There’s some fantastic stuff posted in this thread! Well done everyone :slight_smile:

I don’t know if this board will parse videos, but since that’s the best way to show the purpose of my project, I’ll put it below.

I make linocut prints of movie monsters hanging around landmarks in Austin, TX. I don’t really know why, but I enjoy making them – there’s Godzilla on Sixth Street, King Kong on Frost Tower, Stay Puft Marshmallow Man on Congress Avenue.

Anyway, I wanted a way to store/display these prints in a way that would continue the theme. After watching too much Adam Savage YouTube videos during the lockdown, I thought of a military unit tasked with monitoring kaiju, with my prints acting as the photographs. This would be a normal thing in that universe (“well yes, of course we monitor kaiju”), located roughly in that 50s/60s sweet spot of monster movies. I wanted to come up with a box that would work in that scenario and this is what I ended up with:

4 Likes

OMG @Branislav those are fantastic and what a clever storage/display case! I’d love to add these to the member project sizzle reel if you want to email me some photos and videos (valerie@asmbly.org). I’ve got a bunch of admin type projects to do before circling back to work on that again, so no rush. This video is really growing into something that will be so fun to have running at the space!

Thanks for the kind words, @valerie – email sent!