Recent events have shown the importance of organizing a list of maintenance tasks and timing. This information is trapped in the manuals for the machines and in the heads of the process-averse people who spend their time building and fixing machines. Please help correct and add to this list.
Jon Eklund has placed links to all of the tool manuals on the wiki, so anyone reading this regardless of skill level can contribute to this project.
How often should these things happen?
- clear sawdust
- Check blade for wear and sharpness
- check blade fence and bed alignment
- Clear debris
- check blade
- check alignment
- Wipe rails
- Run test patterns in /public/LaserAwesomeness to check performance
- Run maintenance from manual
- Any filters that need exchaning for air assist?
- Change filter
- Anything else?
- Run a list of supplies and consumable parts to see what needs ordering
- Test fire each power tool
If folks reply to this thread we can periodically condense into standard document.