Hp DesignJet Printer

Does anyone know what it would take for me to get the HP DesignJet 1055CM 36" Wide Format Printer operational again?

A lot to get it to full functionality, it can be used to make templates and things with single colors but to get full colors out of it I do not think its possible. many people have replaced heads etc on it and it still doesn’t print right.

These kind of high maintenance/consumable tools are not things that work well in the hackerspace/makerspace model.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Eric

Thanks for the update. I’ll think on it. If I do decide to try to make it functional, I’d probably like to take it to my shop where it’s convenient to work on a bit each day. And all my tools are handy. Who would I talk to about that?

You would talk to me about it,
I was actually about to disposition it (give it away or get someone interested in it to host it) so I would be fine with you taking it to your own shop and tinkering with it. @mcmancuso @Joshcross are the ones that have worked on it and used it the most so their knowledge is much better than mine on what its status is.

P.S You probably already know this but we also have a smaller 12-18in ish printer that just needs the base put on and cartridges to be installed to be usable.

Eric

What is the best way to get in touch with @Joshcross or @mcmancuso to get more info?

I tried to catch Josh when his laser time was adjacent to mine but he was late and I ran into another commitment so I couldn’t wait any longer.

Thanks,

Clay

The machine works fine, it just needs a fresh set of heads. I replaced the carriage last year, but it thinks the heads are bad. I thought we had received a newer printer that a member was holding till we hada hosting arrangement, that would be much better. The other issue with the unit we have now is the drivers are a kludge, there’s no modern windows 10 compatible versions available.

I had no follow ups on hosting from the member who took ownership of that printer and he is no longer a member so that is not going to work out.
Eric

Ah, well, that sucks, that was a donation to the space that he was supposed to be just holding while we arranged for a hosting setup on it. I had volunteered to get it and hold it till the space could set up for it, and he INSISTED that he would take care of it. Pretty frustrated about that now…