Metal Lathe Class

I signed up for the last slot. Looking forward to it. No need to bring anything with us except payment?

I would bring safety glasses

1 Like

If anyone drops out please let me know and I can be there in 20 mins :slight_smile:

1 Like

2nd that - if there is a drop out, please let me know.

I dropped out of the 11/1 class so there is a opening

@da5idii thanks, looks like someone already snagged the spot :frowning:

Thanks for the class @JoeN, it was great and Iā€™d recommend it to anyone. Quick question: If I were to get 1" Brass Rod, similar to the AL we used in the class, whatā€™s the best way to cut it? Could we use the same saw we used in class, or perhaps the horizontal metal bandsaw?

1 Like

Joe can correct me if Iā€™m wrong, but I understand the ā€œaluminumā€ cold saw is more accurately described as a ā€œnon-ferrous metalsā€ saw. Iā€™m not sure what brand of blade is in it, but Evolution says their blade is ā€œIdeal for aluminum and other non-ferrous metalsā€ and Oshlun says theirs "leaves clean, burr free cuts in all types of non ferrous metals such as aluminum, copper, brass, bronze and even some plastics. "

1 Like

@gordoa40 You can can brass and aluminum. I have never tested copper. I have small bar of copper I want to test one day.

1 Like

New Metal Lathe class date. Nov 22. at 10am.

The metal lathe is very much overlooked. The metal lathe gave us the ability to make round objects. We as a society take that for granted. Learn a new skill and greater appreciation for concentricity

Things we will cover is:

-Safety
-Parts of the metal lathe
-How to indicate a part
-How to face a part
-How to turn a part
-How to center drill, drill, and use a boring bar
-How to part a part.
You will get a handout, a greater appreciation of the metal lathe, and a keepsake. Class fee is $100

Hereā€™s the registration page for the new class! https://atxhs.z2systems.com/np/clients/atxhs/event.jsp?event=497&

1 Like

Thank you!

If you took the class and would like to have the digital handout. I can share via google drive. You can send an email at josephqtn1@gmail.com