Helping healthcare workers

A friend who had to take a loved one to the ER for non COVID reasons mentioned how overwhelmed and understaffed the hospital was. She got an opportunity to talk to a nurse a little and they mentioned that they used to get a lot of food donations for staff meals, but hadn’t been getting them lately. I really want to make some contributions on that front to help take care of those working so hard to help care for people struggling to beat this virus.

Has anyone found good means for making food donations like this? I imagine there are a lot of restaurants offering this sort of thing, but not sure which ones have it or which ones make the biggest impact. I know we’ve got at least a handful of healthcare workers here, would love to hear any insider insights y’all can share about what you see being most appreciated in this realm.

1 Like

FYI for anyone interested, I unfortunately got a little bit of an inside scoop on this while my dad was in the hospital recently at Seton Main. At least for that facility, they said they are happy to get food and coffee deliveries and they typically just have the floor number specified in the delivery instructions for it (e.g. 6th floor south). I ended up just finding delivery services from some local places I love (like Houndstooth coffee and Biderman’s Deli) and had those delivered. I’m going to make this a regular thing to help both local restaurants and our healthcare workers. When I asked which floors are serving COVID patients, the nurse kinda laughed and said “Um pretty much all of them.” :pensive:

1 Like