About the Maker Talk category

Talk about making things, tools, techniques, links, projects, or anything else you think members would like to know about. Woo!

I have an engraving project that I was wondering if any asmbly members would share their thoughts on. I would like to etch a 6"x1" text and a 3" diameter texas ranger shield on 3/16" textured abs plastic. Do you think the laser or the CNC router would be better for the job?

Not that it’s ready for use now… That Heidelberg letter press somebody accidentally bought from UT (recently posted on the ASMBLY maker talk) would do something like that. ASMBLY has the capability to make a die - cut the shape or whatever on the laser in plastic or paper stock. Pour epoxy plastic on it filling the voids created with the laser. Remove the paper and with the letter press stamp away. That thing puts TONNES of pressure on paper or anything flat in about a five second cycle time

I was reading about that, did they end up putting it on the fathers ranch or find another home for it? I will inform myself a little more on printing presses because that sounds like a really cool way to solve my problem.